Go Curry Cracker > Travel hacking

Travel Hacking Tips for Non-Credit Card Users

(1/1)

R32:
Although we do use credit cards, we live in a low-cost SE country, and likely wouldn't be able to make the $2-5k minimum spend in a 2-3 month time period in order to claim the initial mileage sign-up bonuses.

What are some non credit card travel hacking tips/suggestions? As of now, I've come up with buying miles at a discount from the carrier (i.e. special promotions) or private party, and signing up for air carrier email blasts that might provide promotions on business class flights. I'm particularly interested in business class travel. I've also downloaded the Secret Flying app to get access to error fares and special flight specials not advertised on airline websites. Unfortunately a lot of paid flight deal websites only analyze flight deals from the USA and/or Canada, not for international flights originating from Asia.

Since we are a FIRE family, we are relatively flexible with dates (i.e. shoulder or off-peak seasons) and destinations. This will be a very important part of our lifestyle for the next 50+ years, so I'm looking to try and optimize this part of our budget as best as we can.

gocurrycracker:
You have to lump expenses - pay taxes, purchase plane tickets, make big purchases you are going to make anyway, etc...
https://www.gocurrycracker.com/award-travel-series-meeting-minimum-spend-requirements/

buying points is seldom profitable even with bonuses, unless you are just buying a small amount, e.g. you already have 99k and just need 1k more to redeem.

Most things are US focused, yes. No way around that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version