Author Topic: Teaching English in Taiwan  (Read 3441 times)

drewmckee

• View Profile
Teaching English in Taiwan
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:11:53 AM »
GCC,

I wanted to seek a bit of advice.  My daughter is graduating university in May and was offered a job from Hess to teach English in Taiwan.  Have you heard of them, any experiences with the company??  We were posted in Singapore during her high school years and as a result, she is fluent in Chinese (having taken 8 years of classes and two summer courses at NTNU)....so language won't be an issue.  In fact, the language immersion in Taipei will help expand her vocabulary.  Any insight is appreciated. 

Drew 

gocurrycracker

• Administrator
  • I live here.
    • View Profile
    • Retire Early. Travel the World.
Re: Teaching English in Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 10:57:57 PM »
Hi Drew

I'm not really familiar with them, but Winnie says they are one of the older more established english centers and are well known and respected.

drewmckee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 05:48:22 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate the reply and info from Winnie.  Our daughter accepted the job and begins work with Hess in August.  She is very much looking forward to it.

Drew

gocurrycracker

• Administrator
  • I live here.
    • View Profile
    • Retire Early. Travel the World.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 08:03:25 PM »
The perfect time of year to enjoy some heat and humidity :)

Probably nothing compared to Singapore though. If you have any Qs as she moves abroad, feel free to ask and I (we) will help if we can. We'll be mostly afk while we are in Europe and US (mid-June through end of Aug.)