Go Curry Cracker > Traveling with kids

Oct - Dec travel w toddler and baby

(1/2) > >>

Belle B:
Where can I go for 2.5 months October - Dec with a 3 year old and 3 month old?

We would like to stay in one location , rent a house / vacation rental and enjoy the culture, explore our surrounding.
A scenic location that would not require us to rent a car.

Can be cold or warm.

Thank you !!

prognastat:
Where are you currently located? Given the 3 month old I would assume closer equals better. As for not requiring a car generally Europe or the East and West Coast of the US tend to be more walkable or have good public transport.

Belle B:
Currently located in US. Not worried about traveling with a 3 months old... have traveled with an infant before ( my opinion best time to travel w kids ! before they are mobile)

Looking for more specific recommendations outside of US.
ex)
Name of city or towns in Europe or South America or New Zealand, etc.

prognastat:
Some interesting options with great public transport:
Paris
Amsterdam
London
Dublin
Berlin
Prague
Rome
Madrid
Barcelona

The best option would probably be to find a location to stay just outside of a big city(unless money isn't a concern) with easy public transport into the city.

Is there a reason you'd prefer to stay in one place for the full 2.5 months? I would possibly consider splitting it between two cities in that time frame.

Like Possibly doing London and Paris or Amsterdam and Paris. Those are just a relatively short train trip apart.

gocurrycracker:
Depends on what you want to do:

Beaches - Mexico, Thailand - Puerto Escondido, Mexico and Koh Lanta, Thailand are 2 places we liked.
City culture (museums, etc..) - Mexico City, Buenos Aires
Hang out with other expats - Bali, Chiang Mai, Oaxaca
etc...

It will be cold in Europe, especially in the North.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version