Author Topic: What happens when you've exhausted all sign up bonuses?  (Read 5355 times)

glossolalia

• View Profile
What happens when you've exhausted all sign up bonuses?
« on: May 15, 2018, 09:03:56 AM »
Clearly sign up bonuses are where you'll receive the most ROI for your credit card spend, but what happens when you've taken advantage of all the sign up bonuses that are out there? Does this point simply never come because there are endless offers and you just find new ones to take advantage of every year? Or do you cancel these cards and rinse and repeat? In short, how do you keep the game going?

gocurrycracker

• Administrator
  • I live here.
    • View Profile
    • Retire Early. Travel the World.
Re: What happens when you've exhausted all sign up bonuses?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:09:39 PM »
You can requalify for many bonuses after 2 years or so. So repeat. Plus new cards are being introduced all the time.

Bunniwarrior

• View Profile
Re: What happens when you've exhausted all sign up bonuses?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 12:45:36 AM »
Yep, there?s so many cards out there that I just rotate them all.  I?ve opened and closed so far 12 cards in the last 10 years since I was a kid.  Your credit score does take a small hit. Mine is 767 which is not bad for opening and closing so many to avoid the annual fees.  My rule of thumb to open a card for airline miles is at least 40k miles unless it?s for a card with no annual fees where I keep in the long run to help my credit history score.  Hope that helps!