Author Topic: FreedomPop 6 months in  (Read 3077 times)

prognastat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FreedomPop 6 months in
« on: February 12, 2019, 06:40:46 AM »
I wasn't sure how it was going to be when I started, but it's been just over 6 months since I switched to using FreedomPop's free plan to provide my cellular service. It definitely won't be for everyone, but it's been working for me so far.

In total I had to spend $31.20(20 was to port my number to google voice to allow me to use it for voicemail) in the beginning for the SIM and getting the plan configured correctly so I wouldn't be charged further. I hope the free plan will continue for a while, but that isn't a guarantee as they recently ended their free plan for European customers so there's no telling how long the US version might last. I have my phone number routed though

As for the service if you can limit most of your data use and calling to WiFi and only use the cellular in a pinch it's very possible to stay under the data/minute limits of the free plan. The only thing I really use the cellular data for is sending text messages using google hangouts/whatsapp. This usually means I use less than 100 MB of the 250 MB I can use monthly for free so there is definitely room to use it some more. Most other things I just wait for until I'm on WiFi, which since I'm connected to it both at home and at work is most of the time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 06:42:47 AM by prognastat »